Tulsa police say man faces murder charge for woman’s death at Tulsa RV park

TULSA, Okla. — UPDATE (02/01 10:20 a.m.) — Tulsa police identified a woman who was killed in a north Tulsa RV park on Thursday.

Police said 38-year-old Ryan Gordon was booked into the Tulsa County Jail for first-degree murder in the death of 45-year-old Melissa Hunter. Police said the two were in a relationship.

Hunter was found dead in a north Tulsa RV park Thursday morning. Wagoner County deputies found Gordon later that day at Fort Gibson Lake.

Gordon stabbed himself in the chest as deputies approached him. Gordon was booked into jail after he was released from the hospital for his injuries.


Tulsa Police Department (TPD) said a man is in custody following Thursday morning’s homicide in north Tulsa.

Police were called after a woman was found dead in a north Tulsa RV park Thursday morning. The suspect, later identified as Ryan David Gordon, and the victim were in a relationship, according to investigators.

Gordon is facing a charge of first-degree murder, according to court documents.

Court documents say police were called to the RV park after Gordon’s employer went to check on Gordon after he did not go to work that morning. The employer found a person who was not moving and called police.

First responders found a woman dead with bruises to her face and a blanket stuffed into her mouth.

Investigators said the suspect was found at a boat ramp on Fort Gibson Lake in Wagoner County. Deputies with the Wagoner County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the search.

Court documents say when deputies found Gordon in his truck, he stepped out of the truck with a large knife in the chest near his heart, in an attempt to commit suicide.

Deputies took the man into custody and began performing life-saving measures.

While Tulsa police investigated the woman’s death, neighbors told FOX23 the couple kept to themselves prior to the incident.

A nearby neighbor in the same RV park told FOX23 they knew the suspect and was shocked to hear about what happened.

“That’s probably the worst thing so far we’ve come across,” Ashton Davis said. “I took my friend to work and when I got back, there was even more cars here. I just saw so many people going in and out of the camper. It was pretty nerve wracking.”

He continued, “We actually sat at the park with him and our dogs played together.”

Meulenberg said police are trying to figure out why this happened.

“Right now the biggest question is why. We have some early theories,” he said. “We’re not ready to release anything. If anyone has any info that would help us, we would love to talk to them.”

Court documents state Gordon is still recovering from his injuries.